Section Engineer - BAM Nuttall - Scotland
Section Engineers - Scotland.
BAM Nuttall is one of the UK's leading civil engineering contractors employing over 3000 staff nationwide. Due to our increased work load we are currently looking to recruit two Section Engineers to join our projects in Scotland.
Many of the civil engineering projects we are currently working on are located in the Scottish Highlands so we require people who are flexible with location and able to lodge away during the week.
Your key activities will include:
• Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour.
• Supervise chainperson, assistant and site engineers.
• Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
• Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain.
• Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
• Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
• Ensure that works are accurately and clearly set out before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking where required.
• Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
• Confirm in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
• Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
• Ensure reasonable survey book standards and daily diaries are maintained by engineers.
• Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
• Prepare 4 weekly programmes in conjunction with the section foreman, coordinated with overall site programme and ensure necessary resources available with sub agent / agent.
• Monitor 4 weekly programme, mark up progress for review at the weekly review meeting.
• Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Successful experience at Site Engineer level.
• Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
• Contract requirements relevant to current construction contract.
• Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.