Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor
Assistant / Quantity Surveyor Permanent Teesside / Yorkshire
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working with a well-respected and established organisation to recruit either an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis.
By the very nature of the size of the projects you will be expected to perform pre and post contract services for the client and form part of a team approach to project delivery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office, who has some experience of providing quantity surveying and estimating services to clients. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
Your new role
In your new role as Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide pre and post contract quantity surveying services for major clients
- Work principally as part of the commercial services team.
- Plan, organise and control workload under supervision
- Provide a professional interface with other disciplines and the client's representative
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients
- Provide full efficient and effective services in all technical and contractual aspects of professional practice
What you'll need to succeed
- Conversant in all aspects of quantity surveying
- Ability to prepare estimates under supervision,
- Ability to analyse and interpret commercial and technical project documentation
- Understanding of standard forms of contract, including NEC and JCT
- General understanding of the Infrastructure Sector and Construction methodology generally
- Good IT skills
- Strong communication skills and good stakeholder management ability
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs
- Flexibility on being within the office or from time-to-time site based
What you'll get in return
This organisation can offer training, professional development and career progression, as well as supplementing your annual salary with a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.