Building Surveyor - Non Housing
Building Surveyor, Non-housing public building, local authority 6 months interim
Your new company
You will be working within the Property Services department for a Local Authority as a maintenance building surveyor. 6 months Interim
Your new role
In your new role you will work as a Maintenance Building Surveyor on the public buildings owned and managed by the local authority. Providing support on planned and re-active maintenance you will be carrying out surveys and writing specification of works, appointing contractors/trades team to carry out the works.
Duties will include:
* Ensure the maintenance of all company properties to approved standards ensuring compliance with legislation and corporate identity
*To action requests for maintenance
* Maintain systems for the recording and auctioning of maintenance requests
* Assisted in the Preparation, monitoring and controlling the budget
* Responsible for ensuring that all contractors work within legislative requirements for insurance and safe working practices
* Inspection and sign off of work carried out by contractors
* Engage in continuing professional development to keep up to date with new products and technical processes
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will have extensive experience of working within a public services body as a maintenance building surveyor, be able to work under your own supervision . You may come from a building trade background or have a HNC or degree in a relevant subject. No other qualifications are required.
What you'll get in return
In return for your hard work you will receive a good hourly rate of pay, be paid on time and weekly as well as having the flexibility to manage your own day / week. This is for a minimum of 6 months
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.