Agent - BAM Nuttall - North East
Agents - Leeds.
BAM Nuttall have been appointed as one of the construction partners to deliver the Leeds Public Transport Investment Programme (LPTIP). Our package of works involves the design and construction of improvement works to five key road and bus routes, and new and enhanced park and ride facilities. The work will commence in the new year and takes us through to 2021, with further targeted opportunities in Yorkshire and Humberside meaning that opportunities exist for us to recruit agents into our Northern England division.
Based in Leeds, your key activities will include:
• Manage the project team and work collaboratively with our designers, the council, and all stakeholders.
• Set highest standards in health, safety and environmental matters.
• Promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
• Establish an effective, programme based cost management system.
• Ensure realistic contract programmes are prepared and reviewed.
• Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared and reviewed.
• Ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
• Use recorded weekly internal progress meetings to communicate with all levels of the team.
• Develop and appoint staff.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
• Successful management of a section of a major project, or acting as sub agent on a similar project.
• Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred).
• Thorough knowledge of relevant government legislation.
• Working knowledge of construction techniques and contract law relevant to construction contracts.
• Completion of SMSTS.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.