Site Engineer - BAM Nuttall - North East
Site Engineers - Leeds.
BAM Nuttall have been appointed as one of the construction partners to deliver the Leeds Public Transport Investment Programme (LPTIP). Our package of works involves the design and construction of improvement works to five key road and bus routes, and new and enhanced park and ride facilities. The work will commence in the new year and takes us through to 2021, with further targeted opportunities in Yorkshire and Humberside meaning that opportunities exist for us to recruit site engineers into our Northern England division.
Based in Leeds, your key activities will include:
• Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards.
• Supervision of chainperson, assistant engineers.
• Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information.
• Provide accurate and clear setting out for works before work is programmed to commence.
• Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
• Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
• Ensure comprehensive records of resources employed are maintained.
• Complete inspection and test plans.
• Keep a full and accurate daily site diary.
• Assist in the preparation and monitoring of 4 weekly programmes.
• Provide accurate measurements for materials and maintain material reconciliation figures.
• Carry out testing / sampling of materials.
• Assist with surveys and maintain survey books.
• Take receipt of materials and carry out checks.
• Prepare written risk assessments and method statements.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Successful experience at assistant engineer level.
• Qualified to ONC level, a Graduate or equivalent (preferred).
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.