Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor required immediately
Your new company
Our client are a specialist in the delivery of education, social housing, public buildings and healthcare sector works.
Operating throughout the Greater London and Essex areas, we undertake construction projects ranging from £500,000 to £20,000,000 including design and build, refurbishment, restoration and traditional new build works with a specialist division for fire protection systems.
Due to an increase in workload and productivity, our client require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in North London.
Your new role
Day to day responsibilities:
- Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
- Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI's are exceeded
- Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
- Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
- Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
- Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
- Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
- Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
- Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
- To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have extensive experience in Quantity Surveying with a proven track record with previous contractors. You must also demonstrate longevity and stability on your CV with previous employees and be immediately available
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly