An outstanding opportunity to lead a high-performing commercial team at a 5* developer.
A multi award winning private housebuilder with an outstanding reputation for delivering quality over quantity.
- Positively influencing and enhancing the profitability and operating effectiveness of the business.
- To monitor and influence the Region's Commercial activity to ensure that such activity will deliver the Business Plan targets and evaluate and take action to provide transparency on Commercial performance, particularly in respect of build cost management, PFA's, land appraisals and all related matters.
- To attend Commercial meetings as required to provide support and information to ensure regional activity is effectively planned, managed, implemented and controlled to meet the Group's requirements.
- To manage and collate the commercial reporting to support to ensure the commercial reporting structure & procedures are consistent with clarity and allow the business to grow efficiently.
- Ensure operating, governance requirements, policies and processes are followed and reported on.
- Ensure the Commercial department is fully engaged and work with internal and external colleagues and third parties in the process of meeting customer service and quality control targets and introducing improvements as necessary, working closely with all relevant colleagues.
- Actively manage the sharing of best practice and the promotion and delivery of the highest professional standards and efficient working practices.
- Develop and provide key status reports and updates on all KPIs relating to Commercial.
- Ensure that the Company maximises its compliance with deals in association with the procurement team.
- At all times comply with responsibilities under the Company's Health & Safety and Environmental and Corporate Responsibility Policies and all other company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested.
- A relevant qualification or extensive experience in commercial management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of programme delivery, budget forecasting and change and innovation management.
- Extensive knowledge of Customer Service requirements.
- An extensive knowledge of quantity surveying and construction processes and related financials/commercials.
- Ability to influence effectively at all levels including key Senior Executives, Directors and other Stakeholders.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning, project management, organisation and decision-making capability.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to differentiate between conflicting priorities/issues to identify underlying causes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively.
- Good awareness of codes of practice that impact on construction and/or design matters e.g. NHBC, Building Regs.
- Ability to work closely with Commercial Directors and all regional and support functions.
- Health & Safety Training in accordance with Group Health & Safety Policy and Procedure.
A market-leading salary (negotiable), company car or allowance, bonus, private healthcare and many other company perks.