Commercial Building Surveyor
3 days left
Your new role
Your new role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Manage a full range of building surveying instructions on a variety of commercial properties, including offices, retail and industrial. Emerging sectors such as student accommodation, hotels, build to rent and the private rental sectors are all areas we are developing experience in.
- Professional work will include Schedules of Dilapidations (usually acting for the landlord), pre-acquisition surveys, due diligence including development monitoring, party wall awards, defect diagnosis, planned preventative maintenance reports, fire insurance valuations, disability audits, and schedules of condition reports.
- Contract work can typically range from £10k to £30million where we can be performing the role of designer, contract administrator, project manager or a hybrid of all three. You will need to have the ability to provide detailed advice to clients and contractors on all aspects of the design proposal through to refurbishment.
- As a highly trusted member of the team, you will be responsible for delivering on your own projects within the deadlines set, with support from an experienced management team when required.
- You will be entrusted to help support graduates and apprentices with their further studies.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will come from a building surveying background, having studied a degree in building studies or Building Surveying. You will also need a minimum of 2 years of experience as a building surveyor working for a professional consultancy.
The successful applicant will either be recently Chartered RICS, or due to sit their APC in the coming months.
You will be an excellent communicator, and will be confident in client facing situations. You will be reliable and conscientious and will possess a positive attitude towards your work.
You will need effective time-management skills and will work well to deadlines, proving you can manage your own workload in order to be a dependable and effective member of the team.
What you'll get in return
The business work on a discretionary salary, and are competitive with the salaries they offer if you are the right candidate and possess the skills required. The range for this role is £40-50K.
On top of the salary, the business offer a company car, laptop and mobile to better aid your work.
You will receive an annual discretionary bonus and your salary will be reviewed every April.
You will be based in Guildford but will still have the opportunity to work from other office such as Central London.
You will get to take advantage of a multitude of different projects, with work being split up evenly between each member of the team, from senior partner to graduate. The team work in an open office where support and advice is always on offer, the emphasis on team work across each office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Commercial Building Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly