Senior Planning Engineer - BAM Nuttall - London
Senior Planning Engineer - London.
We currently have a position at London City Airport as Senior Project Planning Engineer. The role will be 18 months on site supporting the project management team through the timely provision of an efficient and effective planning, scheduling and project performance reporting, after which you will move to future projects within our London division.
Your key activities will include:
• Manage the development of a programme to an appropriate level of detail.
• Manage the updating and monitoring of progress within the working programme.
• Manage the support to construction teams on the use of short-term programmes.
• Resource and cost load programmes, and coach / support others.
• Evaluate supply chain programmes, and coach / support others.
• Introduce and analyse change in a programme, and coach / support others.
• Produce and communicate programme information in a variety of forms, using routine and bespoke programme outputs, and coach / support others.
• Check programme robustness, and coach / support others.
• Establish and maintain internal and external project controls reporting.
• Introduce and evaluate risk in programmes.
• Develop and maintain 4D programmes.
• Maintain awareness of latest construction techniques.
• Collect and distribute feedback, and coach / support others.
• Undertake the analytical assessment of programmes.
• Coach and mentor others in the use of planning software, principally P6.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships, and coach / support others.
• Inform and influence decision making.
• Prepare internal reports.
• Undertake entitlement analysis.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
Successful previous experience in the role of Senior Planning Engineer, with involvement in substantial projects.
• Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred); additional qualifications in planning are desirable, but not essential.
• Experience of a broad range of civil engineering construction, with proven commercial knowledge and a full understanding of methods and typical production rates.
• The proven ability to lead a planning team working in a P6 enterprise environment, and to produce and manage comprehensive, robust programmes; the ability to use Chainlink, Tilos, PRA and 4D software is also an advantage.
• A thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques, with the ability to coach others.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and experience in coaching others.
• A demonstrable contractual understanding, particularly of the NEC form of contract and change management.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.