Quality Engineer - BAM Nuttall - Midlands
Quality Engineer - Boston, Lincolnshire.
Required initially to work (for approximately 24 months) on our Boston Barrier flood defence project, following which you will move to other projects within our Southern England and Wales division.
Your key activities will include:
• Assist with the preparation and operation of the project execution plan (PEP).
• Report on the effectiveness of the project quality system and implementation of the PEP.
• Assist project staff in preparing documented information required by the project and the PEP.
• Report on suitability of subcontractor and supplier quality systems.
• Ensure the correct numbering and issue of quality management system documents including site procedures, activity plans, checklists, registers of NCR's, correction and corrective actions.
• Monitor the implementation of the quality system documented information by the site team, subcontractors and suppliers. Assist with the preparation of site procedures, activity plans and assurance records to ensure that staff have comprehensive and complete records for work carried out.
• Contribute to the project programme of audits of BAM Nuttall work and subcontractors / suppliers and support the close-out of corrective actions.
• Cooperate with staff and customer representatives to ensure that problems of quality are solved promptly and efficiently.
• Report monthly on the current status of the project systems, concerns, etc. to the site team and independently, where required, to the BPQ Department.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
• Experience supporting the planning, implementing, monitoring and improvement of quality management systems in relation to site activities.
• Membership of, or working towards, a related professional body at 'affiliate/associate' level, or equivalent.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Proficient in the application and use of information technology.
• Awareness of digital construction applications, platforms and practices (desirable).
• Degree level qualification or equivalent technical qualification (desirable).
• Between 2-4 years' experience of working in construction project delivery (desirable).
• Basic knowledge of Lean construction practices and techniques (desirable).
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.