Health & Safety Manager - BAM Nuttall - Midlands
Health and Safety Manager - Boston, Lincolnshire.
Required initially to work (for approximately 24 months) on our Boston Barrier flood defence project, following which you will move to other projects within our Southern England and Wales division.
Your key activities will include:
• Supervise, support and guide all safety officers under your control.
• Ensure that safety systems and plans meet the relevant safety standards.
• Ensure that safety issues are discussed at area and department system review meetings.
• Advise and guide safety officers, area managers, site management and other relevant personnel in setting up, implementing and maintaining safety systems.
• Keep and maintain clear records to comply with Company internal audit standards.
• Assist managers with safety submissions, risk assessments and vendor evaluations when requested.
• Communicate and promote the health and safety management ethos and concepts.
• Deliver training as agreed with the company safety officer.
• Ensure that all contracts are provided with the relevant statutory health and safety documentation.
• Prepare of monthly report and submit to the company safety officer in agreed format.
• Carry out periodic site safety inspections.
• Identify areas for improvement and issues, submitting to company safety officer for consideration.
• Monitor the adequacy of accident inspection and reporting.
• Carry out safety audits of selected projects, departments and vendors.
• Liaise directly with area managers.
• Set a personal example of safe behaviour.
We require a Health and Safety professional with a relevant civil engineering background, who can bring experience and knowledge to our division.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.