Environmental Manager - BAM Nuttall - South East
Environment Manager - Southampton.
We currently have an opportunity for an Environment Manager to join our Highways team working on the M27 Smart Motorway project between Southampton and Portsmouth.
Your key activities will include:
• Set a personal example by adopting best practice.
• Identify and manage environmental planning requirements for projects.
• Monitor and develop environmental performance across projects.
• Provide proposals to the company environment manager for amendment, development and improvement of existing system documentation.
• Ensure environment issues are discussed at review meetings.
• Advise and guide area managers, agents and others in setting up, implementing and maintaining environment management systems
• Assist with prequels, tenders, submissions and vendor evaluations.
• Communicate and promote environment management ethos and concepts.
• Develop and deliver training and presentations.
• Foster good relationships with stakeholders - regulators (EA, LA's etc.) / consultants and other supply chain specialists.
• Prepare / submit reports as required.
• Communicate best practice across the business.
• Carry out regular audits and inspections of sites, supply chain etc.
• Attend tender interviews and presentations to clients as required.
• Incident investigation and reporting.
• Mentor and coach staff with environment duties / responsibilities.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Thorough knowledge of the civil engineering industry.
• Detailed knowledge of the ISO14001 standard.
• Educated to degree level in civil engineering or environment management (or similar).
• Fully aware of regulatory, legislative and company requirements.
• Qualified company environment auditor or working towards.
• Qualified or working towards Chartered Environmentalist.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.