Senior Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - North East
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Leeds.
BAM Nuttall have been appointed as one of the construction partners to deliver the Leeds Public Transport Investment Programme (LPTIP). Our package of works involves the design and construction of improvement works to five key road and bus routes, and new and enhanced park and ride facilities. The work will commence in the new year and takes us through to 2021, with further targeted opportunities in Yorkshire and Humberside meaning that opportunities exist for us to recruit a senior quantity surveyor into our Northern England division.
Based in Leeds, your key activities will include:
• Maintain effective communication with contract managers, project managers, managing / project QS and other associated disciplines.
• Manage, supervise, mentor and train your “reports” within the commercial structure.
• Carry out staff performance and development reviews and assist in the operation of the commercial training programme.
• Provide and control strategy of commercial contacts with client's representatives.
• Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents.
• Commercial management of subcontractors.
• Monitor the timely production of reliable cost performance data.
• Produce and present monthly / quarterly reports.
• Provide commercial input to project strategy.
• Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
• Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues.
• Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
• Produce the financial assessment of insurance claims with insurer's representatives.
• Assist in the defining and delivery of commercial training to all site staff.
You should have successful experience at quantity surveyor level within a civil engineering contracting environment.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.