Health & Safety Advisor - BAM Nuttall - London
Health & Safety Advisor - London.
Required initially to work (for approximately 12 months) on our project upgrading the main road and cargo tunnels at Heathrow Airport, following which you will move to other projects within our London division.
At Heathrow, we are the principal contractor for the provision of production design management, procurement, construction works, planned maintenance and commissioning associated with the refurbishment of the main and cargo tunnels at Heathrow Airport.
Your primary responsibilities at Heathrow will include:
• All health, safety and wellbeing related to site and its compounds/offices etc.
• Updating and carrying out site inductions.
• Incident reporting and investigation.
• Tunnel incident control/actions, mitigation, reporting to HAL agencies etc.
• Mobilisation/demobilisation of staff/workers/equipment.
• Drug and alcohol testing.
• Health, safety and wellbeing related training.
• Review and issue health and safety First Alerts.
• Review and issue health and safety Lessons Learnt.
• Relevant health and safety Activity Plans.
• Staff/worker daily shift briefings regarding health, safety and wellbeing topics.
• Prepare reports and present at incident review boards.
• Attend joint safety group meetings and present where appropriate.
The role will be predominantly day shift but there will be a requirement to carry out some night shift training, inspections, audits, investigations as and when required.
We require a Health & Safety professional with a relevant civil engineering background who can bring experience and knowledge to our London division.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.