Sub Agent - BAM Nuttall - North East
Sub Agents - Leeds.
BAM Nuttall have been appointed as one of the construction partners to deliver the Leeds Public Transport Investment Programme (LPTIP). Our package of works involves the design and construction of improvement works to five key road and bus routes, and new and enhanced park and ride facilities. The work will commence in the new year and takes us through to 2021, with further targeted opportunities in Yorkshire and Humberside meaning that opportunities exist for us to recruit sub agents into our Northern England division.
Based in Leeds, your key activities will include:
• Set high standards in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures through method statements, risk assessments and briefings.
• Manage and supervise team of engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
• Maintain good working relationship with all stakeholders.
• Promote a cost-conscious attitude through efficient use of company resources.
• Support the agent in operating the cost management system and the production of programmes.
• Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
• Adopt and promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
• Communicate with general foreman to ensure adequate work preparation and resources availability.
• Assist the agent as required to procure necessary materials, sub-contracts and plant in sufficient time.
• Review with the agent regularly the performance, development and training needs of subordinate staff, including underperformance or potential resignations.
• Advise agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Successful experience at section engineer level.
• Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
• Demonstrated commercial and contractual knowledge.
• Completion of SMSTS.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.