Planning Engineer - BAM Nuttall - South East
Planning Engineer - Southampton.
We have recently started work on a £220million SMART motorway project on the M27 and require a Planning Engineer to join the team, initially working on this project and then within the wider business.
Your key activities will include:
• Develop detail within the existing programme and update and monitor progress.
• Introduce and analyse change in the programme.
• Produce and communicate programme information in a variety of formats, using routine and bespoke programme outputs.
• Provide advice and support to construction teams on use of short-term programmes.
• Evaluate supply chain programmes.
• Develop and maintain a 4D programme.
• Collect and distribute feedback.
• Assimilate and interpret information from tender documentation.
• Comply with business processes and systems.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
• A qualification in civil engineering to HND or degree level.
• Substantial experience, to at least sub-agent level, across a wide range of civil engineering projects, with a good understanding of commercial and contractual matters.
• A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
• Thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques.
• A demonstrable ability to produce short and medium-term programmes.
• A sound knowledge of typical production rates.
• The ability to communicate effectively.
• Competency in the use of P6 (preferable), and in the use of Microsoft Office and 4D software.
• The ability to work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.