Assistant Systems Integration Coordinator - BAM Nuttall - Scotland
Assistant Systems Integration Coordinator - Kilsyth, nr Glasgow.
The Highlands Enhancement Programme requires an Assistant Systems Integration Coordinator to co ordinate designs produced by various design consultants, and manage cooperation between these consultants. You will assist the Contractors Engineering Manager in discharging the duties of acting as Lead Design Organisation representative. This will include checking the preparation of, and adherence to, quality plans for data preparation and sharing.
You will check that shared / issued design information has been certified for integration with other systems, assured against relevant design standards, and facilitates on over-arching plan for timely handover to the client and entry into service of new railway components. It will also include checking of adherence to programme, particularly where interfacing designs are reliant on information being provided.
The successful candidate will be located in the regional head office, with regular travel required for meeting attendance in the Glasgow area, and occasional site meetings around Scotland (predominantly around Perth, Aberdeen, and Inverness).
Your key activities will include:
• Periodic review of quality plans, including cross-checking against the requirements of interfacing quality plans.
• Liaison with designers to monitor design programmes and ensure programme milestones are met.
• Identification and communication of failures to adhere to quality standards or programme requirements, including analysis of knock-on impacts.
• Liaison with the Engineering team to plan upcoming design review and integration requirements, and to provide feedback to consultants on areas for improvement or shared learning.
• Working closely with the CEM to authorise and issue designs to the client for their acceptance, and to the construction team for their implementation.
• Participation in inter-disciplinary check meetings for designs, as necessary to understand the nature and scope of designs and their interfaces with other designs.
• Similar involvement in other projects as they come online.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
• An Engineering background / degree or a Project Management background / degree.
• Knowledge of common data environments, preferred but not essential.
• Awareness of design codes, specifications and standards relating to core design and construction activities and materials, preferred but not essential.
• Familiarity with the rail environment, preferred but not essential.
• Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.