Assistant Track Design Coordinator - BAM Nuttall - Scotland
Assistant Track Design Coordinator - Kilsyth, nr Glasgow.
The Highlands Enhancement Programme requires an Assistant Track Design Coordinator to oversee design consultants in the production of Approval In Principle and Detailed designs. You will ensure that designs prepared by the consultants fit the client's requirements, as set out by the contract documents, and provide the best engineering solution including satisfying any budget or constructability constraints.
You will be located in the regional head office, with regular travel required for meeting attendance in the Glasgow area, and occasional site meetings / visits around Scotland (predominantly around Perth, Aberdeen, and Inverness). A company car or car allowance will be provided.
Your key activities will include:
• Liaison with the designer to monitor the design programme and ensure programme milestones are met.
• Discussion and resolution of any emerging design queries either directly or by referring them on to the relevant parties (e.g. client) for resolution.
• Participation in regular design progress meetings.
• Reviewing designs to assess whether they are suitable to submit to Network Rail for approval, providing feedback (where necessary) to the designers to ensure the designs are suitable for submission.
• Liaison with the construction team to review aspects of the designs such as constructability and health and safety implications.
• Input into internal programme and cost monitoring and to inform the team of any necessary mitigation.
• Leading value engineering workshops at design commencement.
• Inputting into the interface between designs and any affected areas or parties including temporary works, track monitoring requirements, the public, the operational railway, and stakeholders.
• Participation in inter-disciplinary check meetings for all designs.
• Identification of any additional information required by the designer (such as topographic surveys or record drawings) for the design, and liaison with relevant parties to secure the information.
• Assisting Contractors Responsible Engineer in overseeing construction works (including sub contractor works). This to include the planning of works, delivery, certification and handback to Network Rail standards.
• Similar involvement in other projects as they come online.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
• Civil Engineering degree.
• Awareness of design codes, specifications and standards relating to core construction activities and materials, preferred but not essential.
• Familiarity with the rail environment, preferred but not essential.
• PTS and CSCS certification, preferred but not essential.
• Knowledge of Track works sufficient to work toward membership of the P-Way Institute.
• Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.