Commercial/ Contracts Specialist - Water/Irrigation
Our client is an International Consultancy, they have a requirement for a Commercial/ Contracts Specialist to join their team on a Water/Irrigation project in Kazakhstan. Candidates applying for this position must have a degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering, must be well versed in FIDIC forms of contract and must have previous experience working on Water/Irrigation projects.
- Review all Agreement Documents to make sure of Contractor Scope of works and its contractual obligations under the subject Agreement
- Prepares necessary documents/reports and analysis related to contractual issues
- Regular visits to the site, in order to follow up the project status and its records.
- Assist Project Team with reviewing, Commenting and responding to Contractor correspondences. Besides advising, in particular, upon any contractual/commercial aspects raised therein.
- Lead negotiation and claims meetings and summarize result after obtaining appropriate confirmations.
- Follows up on the submission by Contractor of all required bank guarantees, warranties, insurances and other specified documentation and verifies their acceptability to Client.
- Reviews all projects documentation/correspondence to identify any contractual or commercial implications that may impact adversely upon Client’s interest.
- Study, evaluate and advise on claims made by Contractor in light of contractual obligations and in conjunction with the technical input from the Project Team.
- Prepare an appropriate strategy for extinguishing or initiating the cost/schedule impact of such claims for approval by Company.
- Complete final settlement and close-out of the contract.
- Minimum 10 year’s experience in Contracts and Contracts Management
- Experience working on water/irrigation projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
- Well versed in FIDIC Red/Yellow book
- Fluent in english