Senior Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - Midlands
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Midlands.
We require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a major highways repair scheme taking place on the M5 near Oldbury in the West Midlands. This is a £100m-plus project with a duration of circa 18 months and will be delivered by a three-way joint venture of which BAM Nuttall forms one part.
The work will be carried out on one of the busiest sections of the motorway network and will involve the removal of the carriage surface, major concrete repair work, and the replacement of the waterproofing system on the viaduct.
Your key activities will include:
• Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy. Full understand, participate in and encourage others in the “Beyond Zero” declared vision.
• Maintain effective communication with contract managers, project managers, managing / project QS and other associated disciplines.
• Assist in staff matters which may include: attitude and behavioural issues, competency, retainment and staff allocation to meet a project's need.
• Manage, supervise, mentor and train your “reports” within the commercial structure.
• Carry out staff performance and development reviews and assist in the operation of the commercial training programme.
• Provide and control strategy of commercial contacts with client's representatives.
• Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents.
• Commercial management of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements, and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, if appropriate.
• Monitor the timely production of reliable cost performance data.
• Produce and present monthly / quarterly reports.
• Initiate discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
• Understand and ensure compliance with Company Procedures. Provide input into drafting new or to improve existing Procedures.
• Be responsible for change management including ensuring adherence to the programme ‘established approach'.
• Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
• Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues.
• Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• To the standard of Member of CICES or RICS.
• Successful experience at Quantity Surveyor level.
• Evidence of involvement in and understanding of construction law and contractual terms in all standard contract forms.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.