Senior M&E Engineer - BAM Nuttall - South East
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Camberley, Surrey.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Department within the Technical Services team at our Head Office in Camberley.
Your role will include:
• Managing the mechanical and electrical engineering parts of multi-disciplined engineering projects.
• Providing mechanical designs in support of tenders and projects.
• Providing technical guidance on mechanical matters.
• Keeping abreast of technological developments.
• Providing support to M&E site works and attending factory tests and inspections.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Degree or HND qualified.
• Able to provide guidance on the machinery directive and the pressure equipment directive.
• Able to independently undertake mechanical design works, including single line diagrams / schematics, pipe sizing and pump selection, fan / AHU selection and duct sizing, plant layouts and control philosophies.
• Ideally have experience of clean water and waste water treatment, hydraulic system design and mechanical handling.
• Able to undertake independent research consulting standards, journals and books.
• Capable of writing concise and clear reports.
• Familiar with and able to use the Microsoft suite of office programmes, AutoCAD and Plant 3D (training will be provided).
• Strong communication and organisational skills.
• Be prepared for the occasional night/s away and brief periods on site.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
A career with BAM Nuttall is not like any other career! We like to give our people as much freedom and involvement in all aspects of a project at the earliest stage. From day one you will be working with our experienced team and will be expected to make an instant contribution to the running of our £ multi-million projects. At BAM Nuttall, your skills and knowledge will be tested to the limit but there will always be back-up and support for you when you need it.Recommend this vacancy to a friend