Junior Quantity Surveyor
This is an exciting opportunity for a Junior QS in a pleasant and rural location in North Surrey.
Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity in a pleasant and rural location in North Surrey. Our client, specialising in high end bespoke landscape construction work is looking to recruit for a qualified junior or intermediate Quantity Surveyor to grow with the team. They design and construct external spaces around high end properties in the West/North end of London, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire and Sussex areas. Some light civils and construction is also undertaken and jobs range from £25K to £2 Million.
Your new role
You will be working with a motivated and committed team to oversee all construction projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that work is completed on time and within its budget you will assist both the Contract's and Commercial Directors and main responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Full Job-costing using the help of Sage Construct and the Estimator's tender elemental breakdown to monitor costs and warn on potential overruns.
- Prepare contract / agreement form documentation for signing by clients.
- Take ownership of all progress valuations, insuring they are raised on time, certificates are received on time and invoicing done by the accounts department is prompt.
- Price all variations for projects.
- Agree final accounts.
- Develop sub-contractor packages, negotiate rates and appoint with the approval of the CD.
- Agree sub-contractor final accounts and payments to them are fair.
- Prepare more complicated material purchases i.e. natural stone orders.
- Check quantities for certain material orders prior to the contracts administrator ordering them.
- Help the estimator with electronic measures using a programme called Cubit.
- Assist the Commercial director in preparing various types of cost reports using Sage construct.
- Some site visits will be required especially on larger projects to review changes and check measures.
What you'll need to succeed
Although a relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying is preferable, our client is more than happy to consider industry experience and passion. The usual requirements for a job of this nature will apply, high level of excel and Microsoft package skills, ability to adapt to new software and attention to detail and numbers. A CSCS card is desirable and own transport is a MUST. There is no public transport to this site. A knowledge of landscaping, hard and soft plus civil experience is highly desirable but my client will consider those with a passion. This will essentially be a new sole charge role within a busy and lively office, so the ability to multi task and self-motivate is essential.
What you'll get in return
As this is a small team this role will have great growth potential as the company expands. The company will offer further training to loyal employees. Benefits and bonuses as standard and pay is negotiable on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.