Quantity Surveyor - PQS - Consultancy
Quantity Surveyor (PQS - Consultancy)
Salary up to £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance + Benefits
I am working with a Quantity Surveying consultancy based in Hastings that are looking to expand their team.
This company has been providing expert Commercial advice to clients in the South East for almost ten years. It was founded by two very successful and experienced Commercial Managers that have an in depth understanding of the construction lifecycle.
They provide a range of services including; Cost Control, Process Management, Tendering and Estimating & Project Management.
This opportunity would suit a Quantity Surveyor that has client-side experience, although ideally you will also have experience working for a contractor.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited too;
- Drives performance standards through expert communication and effective use of the performance management process with the team.
- Manage, oversees co-ordinates and delegates activities of the function covering: feasibility estimates, cost planning (presenting with no supervision), contract procurement, tender documentation (project leadership role), tender evaluation (competent in tender reports), value engineering and commercial awareness, fee generation, dispute resolution, post contract management (competent in cost reporting).
- Works on projects of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors and appropriate problem solving. Acts as an advisor to subordinates to resolve technical problems.
- Accountable for briefing the team on the project scope to ensure roles and responsibilities are understood.
- Manages the resources on project and within the team to drive maximum efficiencies.
- Manages projects effectively.
- Be aware of and develop marketing opportunities and where appropriate bring to the attention of Directors, in order that they may assist in following up potential leads enabling the development of new business.
- MRICS or MCIOB accredited
- Comprehensive understanding of Cost Planning, BQ/Pricing Schedule Measurement, Preliminaries/Appendices, Team/Project leadership ,Tender Evaluation, Feasibility Estimates,
- Value Engineering and Commercial Awareness, Risk Management.
- Consultancy experience
- High end residential experience
If you are considering a move and would like to discuss this role or would like career advice then please call Thomas Chase at Interaction Construction on 02382 025 900 / 07885688292 or email: email@example.com