Senior Quantity Surveyor (Rail) - Required for Leading Civil Engineering Contractor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary negotiable plus excellent benefit package
Based in London & South East
Reporting to the Project Manager on site, the Senior Surveyor is responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on the site allocated to them and should be able to effectively manage surveyors and or assistant surveyors to successfully deliver that project. On larger more intricate projects may be required to carry out the same tasks for a section or sections of the works reporting to a Managing Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager.
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy. (including references taken, suitable levels of HSEQ etc)
- Monitor and maximise cash flow.
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
- Mentor and develop the surveyors within the specific project team.
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect the companies contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and consultancy agreements)
- Act and ensure others are acting in the companies best commercial interests at all times.
- To act professionally at all times and promote the company’s best standards and practices
- Monitor and chase Main Contract payments.
Required Qualifications / Expertise
- An accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).
- Alternatively, a degree with some numerical or technical is advantageous. Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
- Adequate experience as an Assistant QS/QS.
- A degree in QS and relevant experience obtained.