Health & Safety Manager - BAM Nuttall - South East
Health and Safety Manager - Southampton.
We will shortly be starting work on a £220million SMART Motorway project on the M27 and will require an experienced Health and Safety Manager with a strong background in Civil Engineering and some relevant Highways experience.
Your key activities will include:
• Supervise, support and guide all safety officers under your control.
• Ensure that safety systems and plans meet the relevant safety standards.
• Ensure that safety issues are discussed at area and department system review meetings.
• Advise and guide safety officers, area managers, site management and other relevant personnel in setting up, implementing and maintaining safety systems.
• Keep and maintain clear records to comply with Company internal audit standards.
• Assist managers with safety submissions, risk assessments and vendor evaluations when requested.
• Communicate and promote the health and safety management ethos and concepts.
• Deliver training as agreed with the company safety officer.
• Ensure that all contracts are provided with the relevant statutory health and safety documentation.
• Prepare of monthly report and submit to the company safety officer in agreed format.
• Carry out periodic site safety inspections.
• Identify areas for improvement and issues, submitting to company safety officer for consideration.
• Monitor the adequacy of accident inspection and reporting.
• Carry out safety audits of selected projects, departments and vendors.
• Liaise directly with area managers.
• Set a personal example of safe behaviour.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Successful experience as a chartered safety officer and as supervisor or an engineer within a construction environment.
• Able to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
• Thorough knowledge of OHSAS 18001 standards.
• Corporate membership of IOSH.
• Capable of leading major accident investigations internally.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.