Project Manager - BAM Nuttall - London
Project Manager - London.
We are expanding our London team and require a project manager who is experienced and capable of managing Marine / Bridge schemes of value circa £20m. The role will be London based and will require working on projects from tender / preconstruction, through to delivery and handover so experience working in both bid management and project management is essential.
Your key activities will include:
• Set a personal example in health safety and environmental matters.
• Provide operational, strategic and contractual direction for the project team.
• Mentor and develop key staff to their next level.
• Lead and manage the project team, ensuring high levels of morale and motivation.
• Promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
• Promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plans (BEP).
• Maintain good working relationship with the supply chain.
• Promote repeat business with key stakeholders, by demonstrating high levels of commitment to their requirements.
• Ensure operation of the company cost control system, and the timely production of reliable cost reports and QF's.
• Ensure realistic short, medium and contract programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated.
• Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, briefed, reviewed and updated.
• Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
• Use recorded weekly internal progress meetings to ensure communication at all levels within the team.
• Keep off-site line management apprised of potential problems, strategic options and future work opportunities.
• Establish a close working relationship with buying department to ensure compliant advantageous procurement terms.
• With aid of the site supervisors ensure cost effective use of labour and plant.
• Assist in the acquisition, preparation and review of designated tenders, with particular reference to planning and methodology.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• The successful completion of at least one major project as agent.
• Thorough knowledge of relevant government legislation.
• Wide knowledge of construction techniques and contract law relevant to construction contracts.
• Able to demonstrate financial, commercial and business development acumen.
• Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred).
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.