Intermediate Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - London
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor - West London.
We require an Intermediate QS to join our Thames Tideway Project team. Your role will be to provide assistance to the Commercial team in relation to commercial and contractual control, as well as management of costs and quantities as part of project team.
Your key activities will include:
• Contribute to achieving the appropriate commercial result through the provision of accurate financial reporting.
• Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually, in order to secure full entitlements under the contract.
• Understand fully the customer's needs and ensure effective relationships are built and maintained by consistently high customer service and on site delivery.
• Provide support to the site team on contract requirements.
• Identify, secure and deliver the business forecast in both turnover and margin.
• Place subcontract orders in accordance with the main contract and manage subcontractor accounts ensuring payments are timely and correct and any other commercial issues are resolved.
• Monitor subcontractor against programme.
• Operate the systems that are in place to provide the information necessary to manage the contract.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline).
• Ability to work in a team environment contributing across a project, site or area.
• Good management skills, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to perform.
• Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
• Ability to work with colleagues to contribute to project and operational performance.
• Sound knowledge of construction practises and standards.
• Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.