Planning Engineer - BAM Nuttall - Midlands
Planning Engineer - Birmingham.
Required to work on our HS2 / Fusion Joint Venture.
Your key activities will include:
• Produce tender programs compliant with tender sum, design (where appropriate) and methodology.
• Produce tender deliverables as required (agreed at initial tender meeting with commercial manager / bid manager).
• Produce, manage and update the construction programme and its communication to internal and external customers and major stakeholders.
• Incorporation of change events into the delivery programme and assistance to the commercial team to secure full entitlement under the contract.
• Provide detailed support and assistance to the operation staff in order to enable the team to monitor pinch-points on the critical path and test and change logic where previously agreed to either improve upon the baseline delivery programme or to mitigate potential delays.
• Produce reports and delivery commentary to operation on particular reporting requirements.
• Produce programs, reports and / or extract filters as required by the project team, including indication of deviation from the baseline programme.
• In conjunction with the commercial team, assist with the production of earned value analysis data.
• Formally issue delivery programme updates to all parties as required by the contract.
• Attend operation meetings with internal and or external customers and deliver presentation on project progress.
• Develop and produce delivery programme / duration with tender sum and methodology without assistance.
• Manage the planning and delivery programme process by closely monitoring and controlling the development and implementation of the programme and checking completeness of supply chain packages information.
• Ensure planning and programming is produced on time by understanding challenging deadlines, understanding the interface and reliance between elements / disciplines, and developing and monitoring integrated procurement, and delivery programmes.
• Follow the programme management plan, and fully understand supply chain scope.
• Input to the risk management process.
• Work with allocated operations support in the production of method statements etc. and ensure that tender programme aligns with the pricing methods.
• Develop and produce (or lead if outsourced) logistics and phasing plans.
• Engage with supply chain and bid team members to discuss and achieve optimum programme and method solutions.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Educated to professional level with a relevant degree or equivalent in a core Civil Engineering discipline.
• I.T competent.
• Thorough understanding and experience in the use of project management software.
• Experience in programme and project management, project planning, including programme controls, project review, and cost and risk analysis.
• Good quality site experience on business related projects in a management or supervisory capacity.
• Ability to plan the delivery of workload from experience in multi discipline jobs.
• Experience of the impact that commercial events and activities have on the baseline programme.
• Experience in recognition and recording of any change in requirements.
• Experience of actively measuring and monitoring performance and the presentation of the results in a logical manner to support continuous improvement.
• Experience in the interpretation data and information and producing it in a clear and logical format.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.