Senior Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - London
Senior Quantity Surveyor - West London.
We require a Senior QS to join our Thames Tideway Project team. You will be responsible, in conjunction with the Section Manager, for the all cost, commercial and project controls aspects on a Section worksite.
Your key activities will include:
• Lead the commercial and contractual administration of the Section.
• Prepare monthly internal cost value reports, Trend reports, SPI and CPI.
• Attend and contribute to risk reduction meetings.
• Taking off from drawings and specifications.
• Identify all additional works and evaluate additional entitlement.
• Assist in preparation of monthly Applications for Payment/cost and cash flow forecasts.
• Attend meetings with client representatives, subcontractors and internally.
• Managing Subcontract works packages from commencement to Final Account.
• Provide assistance on commercial matters to the site team.
• Supervise, guide, support and train Surveyors / Assistants.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Knowledge of Water environment an advantage.
• Experience of Building /Civil Engineering construction techniques.
• Good knowledge of Methods of Measurement and valuation.
• Good working knowledge of Standard form contracts e.g. NEC - particularly Target Cost.
• Full understanding of periodic cost reporting and comparison with budgets and forecasts.
• Experience of Subcontractor procurement from tender to award.
• Commercial management of contracts and subcontracts.
• Proficient in the use Word & Excel.
• Experience of cost accounting systems and effective allocation of costs.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to supervise, train and develop staff.
• HND/HNC, BSc degree in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent commercial related subject.
• CSCS card.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.