Project Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - South East
Project Quantity Surveyor - Southampton.
We will shortly be starting work on a £220million SMART Motorway project on the M27 and require a Project Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
Your key activities will include:
• Maintain effective communications with Contracts Managers, Project Management, Commercial Management and other associated disciplines.
• Assist in staff matters which may include: staff succession awareness, development, competency and retainment.
• Advise on project needs to ensure adequate commercial support is provided.
• Provide input to staff performance and development reviews and management of the commercial training programme.
• Deliver commercial training.
• Attend QES meetings if required by AQS / CM.
• Attend Commercial forums.
• Attend and provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
• Assist in drafting and promote usage of business processes.
• Assist in roll out & support application of commercial processes as required by AQS / CM.
• Undertake audits and provide feedback.
• Provide an input to business development and work acquisition.
• Provide commercial input to contacts with client's representatives.
• Provide Commercial advice to the site team in connection with all project issues and provide input to area commercial discussions and reviews.
• Take part in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
• Provide support and guidance and, where necessary, be involved in implementing actions and agreed strategy from all commercial discussions / reviews.
• Ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly cost and value reports, quarterly forecasts and cash-flow information and present them to senior management.
• Ensure the timely production and presentation of adequate levels of applications for payment in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
• Provide input to risk profiling and management on projects.
• Produce and negotiate insurance claims with insurer's representatives.
• Liaise with and/or manage designers.
• Liaise with and/or manage external consultants.
• Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through contract vetting and input to sub-contract documentation.
• Manage / carry out regular materials reconciliations.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.