An Exciting opportunity have arisen for Building Surveyor to join our clients expanding Kent based building surveying team. You would become part of a multi-disciplined team which continues to win an exciting variety of work throughout the South-East.
Role of the Building Surveyor:
You will be responsible for managing small to medium scale projects and therefore will be confident in delegating where necessary and/or asking for support and advice from the more senior members of the team. You will be client focused, looking at opportunities to reduce risk and issues associated with schemes. This will require close working with other specialists to realise innovative solutions to design.
- Undertake a wide range of Building Surveying duties
- Assist in the growth of professional services offering (party wall and acquisitions being a major part of this role)
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules etc and the overall management of minor works projects in the South East
- Design and Specification including the preparation of drawings
- Attendance at / and leading on meetings with clients and other technical specialists;
- Delivery and management of project teams to ensure projects are on time and budget.
- Contributing technical skills and knowledge to the team in order to maintain and improve the quality of our work and the expertise of our people;
Requirements of the Building Surveyor:
- A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Revit would be an advantage. Proficient at CAD is essential as a minimum
- Experience in professional building surveying services
- Technical surveying knowledge, demonstrating growing experience and ability
- IT literate -a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages including CAD / Revit and NBS specification writer etc