Delay Analyst (Construction)
A well-known International Dispute Resolution Consultancy are looking for a Delay Analyst in South Yorkshire
A well-known International Dispute Resolution Consultancy are looking for a Delay Analyst to assist in its Planning business. The role will involve working alongside other experienced delay analysts and experts in planning on a range of planning, project controls and delay & disruption related assignments including assisting in arbitration's. The business is well known in the provision of claims, expert witness, commercial and planning services to the construction, engineering and power industries and currently well positioned for growth. There is a good spirit amongst the team and the role will prove interesting and varied for the successful candidate with the chance to take their career further in this specialist arena.
- Assisting in the preparation of Expert reports and writing / preparing claims /defence
- Carrying out planning audits and preparing recovery schedules
- Pursuit or defence of delay claims including: Advising clients on commercial strategy, and planning related risks and opportunities
- Working with legal counsel and supporting expert witnesses in arbitration and litigation.
- Developing and writing claim particulars, including necessary factual research
- Dispute avoidance and project management
- Meeting with clients and client solicitors in connection with dispute related matters
Qualifications & Experience
- Professionally qualified ideally with additional relevant qualifications or affiliations or a willingness to gain these
- At least part of your experience should stem from working as a Planner or Engineer on site delivering live projects through to financial close
- Ideally some experience of preparing and drafting EOT and delay related claims to professional standards.
- Ideally some working knowledge of legal principles and practice of forensic delay and disruption analysis as a means of evidencing cause and effect
- Knowledge of national and international industry standard construction contracts, procurement documentation, methodologies and procedures such as FIDIC. JCT, NEC.
- Ideally competent in one or more of Primavera P3, P3e / P6 and / or V5/V6 or Asta / Excel / MS Project.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.