Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary up to £68,000 + Package
I am working with an established Main Contractor based outside of Maidenhead who have a requirement for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their business.
This company work across the Residential, Commercial and Industrial sectors, and provide a range of New Build, Refurbishment and small works services to clients. Project values range from £200,000 - £2m.
This opportunity would suit somebody ambitious and driven, the company are experiencing a sustained period of growth so there will be fantastic career opportunities once commitment and commercial ability are displayed.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited too;
- Preparation of budgets, monitor cost expenditure and report monthly, project contract final account.
- Preparation of, managing and administrating tender, subcontract documentation and pre-contract tender into interviews, production of contract orders, distribution of contract instructions and contract obligations.
- Management and control of contract information to all parties including instructions, variations, drawings and revised specifications.
- Production of and management control of all procurement schedules, noting lead times without detriment to programme requirements.
- Accurate measurement of subcontract works, variations and final accounts including the management and release of retentions when authorised.
- Management and submission of detailed applications in accordance with the monthly schedules for payments, validation and signature in compliance with the payment procedures, including all accounts cost coding.
- Identification and procurement of specialist contractors.
- The quantification of materials when discussing matters for the buyer to ensure best procurement.
- Undertake a post project review of subcontract performance on all projects involved with written observations and recommendations to the Construction Manager and Managing Director within 2 months of project completion.
- Undertaking such other duties, including ad hoc projects, as required.
- RICS or CIOB Accredited (preferable)
- HNC/HND or Degree qualified in a Construction related subject
- Experience across a range of sectors including residential, commercial, education & heritage
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating effectiveness in a negotiation environment
- Sound knowledge of JCT Contracts.
- Strong IT skills
If you are considering a move and would like to discuss this role or would like career advice then please call Thomas Chase at Interaction Construction on 02382 025 900 / 07885688292 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org