3D Modelling Technician - BAM Nuttall - North East
3D Modelling Technician / Technical Expert - Leeds.
BAM Nuttall is a leading edge supplier of civil engineering services and is fully focused on delivering quality infrastructure projects on behalf of all our customers. As founding members of the Institution of Collaborative Working we fully embrace the concept of developing close relationships with our customers at the earliest stage of the project life cycle to develop the optimum solution for project delivery.
As part of the international Royal BAM Group we are fully committed to exploiting advances in technology to improve the buildability of our projects. The Group has an aspiration to become the market leader in the use of digital technology, which will ensure that our customers receive the highest possible standards of quality.
We are currently recruiting for a 3D Modelling Technician / Technical Expert to join our technical services team within the Scotland and Northern England division. The team provide planning, estimating and design services during tenders and ongoing technical support to live construction sites. We require a 3D Modeller / Technical Expert to help us exploit the latest digital technology to construct our projects virtually before they hit the ground.
Key activities will include:
• Creating 3D models using Revit Structure and Autodesk Civil 3D from dimensioned 2D drawings or site surveys such as topographical surveys or point clouds.
• Carrying out clash detection on federated models using software such as Autodesk 360 Glue and Navisworks.
• Rendering and animation of 3D models for use as communication tools for customers, stakeholders and operational teams. This will include using augmented and virtual reality tools such as Lumion 3D and Google Cardboard.
• Manipulating existing (designer-supplied) 3D models to suit our proposed construction process and embedding temporary works and construction plant to help project planners virtually analyse the construction process.
• Working closely with project planning engineers and project managers to develop work flows between modelling software (e.g Autodesk Civil 3D, 3DS Max, Revit), planning software (e.g Primavera P6, Navisworks, Synchro), cost modelling software (e.g Vico, Candy) and common data environments (e.g Projectwise, 360Glue, Autodesk Buzzsaw).
Your skills and experience should include:
• Excellent knowledge and experience in 3D modelling and be capable of working to challenging timescales.
• Open-minded, clear communicator and enthusiastic about working within a technical team.
• A keen interest in emerging technology and keeping up to date with the latest developments in software.
• Knowledge and experience of civil engineering is not required but would be beneficial.
• Revit Structure or Autodesk Civil 3D experience would be preferable but not essential as training will be provided.
• Experience of change and version control as well as experience of shared data environments would also be beneficial but again training will be available.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.