Junior Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor required immediately
Junior Quantity Surveyor
Junior Quantity Surveyor required immediately
- Your new company
We are currently working with one of the leading construction contractors in the UK who require an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for approximately 6 months
- Your new role
Assistant QS needed on the Granger Contract due to workload increase and predicted works coming in due to contract merging. Value of the project is between £1 million - £6 million. The Granger contract is a Maintenance Contract but the new contract coming in/merging will be for Planned works scheme. Predominantly FRA contract installing fire doors nationwide so should also have some knowledge of this type of contract.
This will be based out of Kingsland Road. Will be working alongside existing QS and reporting into Senior QS. Should be able to work on own initiative with minimal support.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Support the project team in all commercial matters
- Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping.
- Ensure timely submission of valuations
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
- Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
- Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
- Delegate commercial activities to other members of the team as appropriate
- Ensure that good records are kept in order that the full entitlement under the contract is achieved
- Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management. - Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
- Assist with the procurement and management of subcontract packages.
- Assist with the internal valuations/VCR/End Life Forecasts.
- Evaluate risks and review project risk register.
- Assist with preparation of contractual claims.
- Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications
Hours: 8am - 5pm
- What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified or working towards a HND/HNC or similar in Quantity Surveying
- Previous surveying or experience of working within a commercially focused environment
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Literate and Numerate
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Willing to undertake training and development when appropriate