Site Engineer - BAM Nuttall - South East
Site Engineers - Southampton.
We currently have opportunities for Site Engineers to join our Highways team working on the M27 Smart Motorway project between Southampton and Portsmouth.
Your key activities will include:
• Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards.
• Supervision of chainperson, assistant engineers.
• Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information.
• Provide accurate and clear setting out for works before work is programmed to commence.
• Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
• Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
• Ensure comprehensive records of resources employed are maintained.
• Complete inspection and test plans.
• Keep a full and accurate daily site diary.
• Assist in the preparation and monitoring of 4 weekly programmes.
• Provide accurate measurements for materials and maintain material reconciliation figures.
• Carry out testing / sampling of materials.
• Assist with surveys and maintain survey books.
• Take receipt of materials and carry out checks.
• Prepare written risk assessments and method statements.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Successful experience at assistant engineer level.
• Qualified to ONC level, a graduate or equivalent (preferred).
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.