Conrad Consulting is currently working with a progressive and growing specialist sub-contractor in Glasgow who are looking to add to their team with the appointment of an experienced Quantity Surveyor.
Our client has been growing steadily since their inception and now turnover around £6m annually and have earned a fantastic reputation in the market for their approach, industry knowledge and project delivery on works that range from £10k - £3m.
They have a fantastic culture within the business that is close knit and has everyone pulling in the same direction to help the company achieve operational success.
What they are looking for is a Quantity Surveyor with at least 5 years' experience who has preferably had exposure to External wall Insulation projects and who can really hit the ground running and make this role their own. You will be comformatable handling projects from cradle to grave which includes handling all estimating duties associated with a particular project. In addition to this you will also be degree educated in quantity surveying and have a good understanding on NEC3 contracts.
Duties you will be expected to undertake are:
- Preparation of contracts, including details regarding quantities of required materials
- On-going cost analysis of projects
- Feasibility studies of client requests
- Prepare monthly valuation reports for senior management
- Analysing completed work and arranging payment to contractors
- Allocating upcoming work to contractors
- Site visits, assessments and projections for future work
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and an annual Christmas bonus combined with regular staff away days to reward people for their commitment and hard work. There is also the option for future progression/promotion for the right person who can come in and prove their worth and really contribute to the business' success.